DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan, is a leading supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems and components for the world’s major car makers.
DENSO operates through more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 35 countries. We employ approximately 140,000 employees across all aspects of our automotive business: from sales and product development to design and manufacturing. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014 totalled €30.6 billion, approximately 9.4% of which was invested in research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. Alongside a focus on product quality and innovation, DENSO places particular importance on environmental concerns and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities.
DENSO THERMAL SYSTEMS SpA (DNTS), originally established as Magneti Marelli Climatizzazione SpA, having 2 main shareholders FIAT Group (75%) and Denso Corporation (25%). In 2001 the Company became part of Denso Corporation Group after full acquisition of shares from FIAT Group. DNTS Group of industries has operations in Italy (2 sites), Poland, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Brazil, Argentine and India. It is part of the Denso Corporation Thermal Systems Group, having other operations in Germany, Turkey, Checz Republic and UK. The entire thermal systems related business and operations in Europe are controlled by an European Organization called Thermal Europe Center (TEC) with Headquarter in Poirino (Torino).
DNTS Group has currently around 3500 employees worldwide, with 3 technical centres: in Italy (Poirino) with 150 engineers and technicians as associates (main technical centre), in Portugal, specialized on charge air coolers for gasoline or diesel engines and in Brazil (Betim). Main business by DNTS is sales of thermal systems and components for automotive (air conditioning and engine cooling), engineering services, design, testing and R&D.
The departments to be involved in DOMUS consortium will be located in the Engineering Centre of TEC South (DNTS) in Poirino, belonging to the following Departments:
– R&D Air Conditioning
– Engineering, HVAC design
– Engineering, Prototyping & Testing (heat exchangers test benches, HVAC test bench)
– Engineering, Functional Components
– Engineering, Cockpit Module
Main tasks in the project:
- 2-zones fully electrified independent air temperature and air distribution control HVAC for maximizing the thermal comfort to cabin occupants. Design, prototyping and testing of the unit
- Innovative multi-function outlet (“Smart Outlet”) installed at top of dashboard to diffuse air to cabin or to windscreen depending on selection by users or climate control logic. Integration of the Smart Outlet to cockpit for demo car or for mock-up of innovative virtual/physical cockpit for electric car. Design, prototyping and testing of the isolated part and or integrated to dashboard.
- Sensors for cabin air quality detection (exhaust gas concentration, air temperature and relative humidity) or for occupants thermal radiation emission. Operational requirements and guideline for integration into cabin climate control logic for demo car.
- Support to Partners to implement effective seat ventilation system or seat air conditioning system (depending on development of seat concepts to be carried out in the DOMUS project): components data sheet (performance, electrical interface), control signal for communication