We are a forward-looking, modern university with a proud tradition as a provider of high-quality education and a focus on applied research.
Our students benefit from state-of-the-art equipment and facilities in all academic disciplines including health, design and engineering laboratories, performing arts studios and computing centres. We have been chosen to host three national Centres of Excellence in Teaching and Learning which has enabled us to invest substantial sums of money in health, design and mathematics.
Through our links with leading-edge businesses and organisations in the public and voluntary sectors, our students are able to access project and placement opportunities that enhance their employability on graduation.
We are growing each year as an institution, and our city-centre campus is continually evolving to give our students the best opportunities and experiences whilst studying in Coventry.
Our position as a global University is established by our ranking in national and worldwide league tables and feedback from our students about their experience.
- Coventry University has reclaimed its title of Top New University in the Complete University Guide 2018 league tables.
- Coventry University is ranked 12th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2018
- We are in the top 6 universities for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- We were voted the Modern University of the Year for three consecutive years; 2014, 2015 and 2016 (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016)
- We are ranked in the top 4% of higher education institutions in the world (QS World Rankings 2016)
Main tasks in the project:
Coventry University will work with our partners to provide an efficient virtual method for the user-centric assessment of the energy use of a car cabin and climate control system, while ensuring it meets expectations for comfort and safety.
Dr. James Brusey: “Coventry University has a long history of engagement with the motor industry. We are especially excited to be a part of this important project towards improving the efficiency of electric vehicles through improvements to the comfort control system”.