AGC Glass Europe, a European leader in flat glass, based in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium). AGC Glass Europe produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction (external glazing and interior decorative glass), the automotive (original & replacement glass) and the solar sectors. It is the European branch of AGC Glass, the world’s largest producer of flat glass.
Its baseline “Glass Unlimited” reflects the possibilities offered by:
- glass as a material to meet a growing variety of needs (comfort, energy control, health & safety, aesthetics, sustainability);
- innovation in products and processes, derived from continuous research in advanced glass technology;
- over 100 sites throughout Europe, from Spain to Russia;
- a worldwide marketing network;
- its 16,000 employees focused on the Customer.
Main tasks in the project:
Work to reduce losses from the cabin environment by improvement of the glazing technology: improve window conductivity, improve window reflectivity (long-wave IR) and improve window defrosting/defogging with the development of novel lightweight and thin materials while providing enhanced flexibility in the design of the overall passenger compartment and maintaining desirable structural strength.