Mock up of disruptive cabin design – May 2021
Result from partners:
Result has been achieved in May 2021 : month 43 of the project.
The DOMUS consortium partners came together and combined their expertise during three workshops to define a set of innovative cabin designs for future Electric Vehicles. As a starting point the group of experts considered the technological innovations from DOMUS, future European mobility situations and future user needs. As a result, 3 different cabin designs were defined from the original FIAT 500e which included several design innovation such as: reduced car volume and weight, dual zone separations for thermally insulating the unused space and mobility of cabin components based on automated driving styles. As part of the Task 2.4 in Result 2, the DOMUS consortium decided to make a mock-up of one of the design cabins in other show in a full scale to demonstrate the impact that the DOMUS approach have in EV cabin shapes and layouts when the energy efficiency and user needs are the main criteria of the design process.
- What is the objective? To Build a mock-up of one of the design cabins resulted from Task 2.1. for Result 2.
- When has it been researched? In May 2021.
- What was the result? The physical mock up.
- What will the results be used for? Dissemination of the DOMUS project.
- What is the impact (in general / on the project / …)? To Demonstrate the impact in EV cabin shapes and layouts when the energy efficiency and user needs are the main criteria of the design process.
Figure 1: Mock up visual taken at CRF premises (I)